Japan Visa Application and Requirements For Nigerian Citizens
In this article, we will let you know the Japan visa application and requirements for Nigerian Citizens and how to apply for Japan visa.
Japan, one of the world’s lowest crime rates country is an island country located in the eastern part of Asia. It fills with beautiful cities, royal palaces, mountain, mountainous national parks, thousands of shrines and temples. This island country is not just a single island it consists of 6852 islands which include the paradise islands of Okinawa with its beautiful beaches and tropical climate. Tokyo its capital is well known for skyscrapers, shopping and pop culture.
Types of Japan Visa
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Visitor Visa (Short/Long term)
Japan Visa Requirements For Nigerian Citizen
Here is the list of Japan visa requirements for Nigerian citizens.
- Passport. A valid international Passport.
- Japan visa application. You need to fill correctly a Japan visa application for Nigerian citizens – (Japan Application Form For Nigeria).
- Photo. Submit a recent passport photograph of you (45mm × 45mm).
- Flight reservation. A flight reservation showing your arrival and departure.
- Hotel reservation. You must present proof of accommodation in Japan.
- Bank statement. Your personal bank statement for the last 3 months is essential.
- Tourist Voucher. Your tourist Voucher increases your chances of securing the visa.
- Employment details. You need to provide documents to prove your employment status e.g. letter of employment, confirmation of appointment, promotion letter, etc.
- Reference Letter. An Introduction letter from employer detailing your position, salary, and purpose of travel.
- Certificate of incorporation. This must be provided if your employer intends to sponsor your trip.
- Tax details. You will have to provide a valid company tax clearance certificate, in addition to the above requirement.
- Itinerary. A detailed itinerary in Japan is useful.
Furthermore, we need to show you the list of Japanese visa requirements for a business visit.
Documents Required For Japan Business Visa
In addition to the above Japanese visa requirements, applicants must also present the list of requirements below for a Japan business visa application.
- Japan Visa Application. You must provide a copy of the Japan business visa application form. (Japan Application For Nigeria).
- Invitation Letter. Request for an invitation letter from your host which is essential for a business visit.
- Copy of Incorporation. You are required to present a certified copy of the incorporation register to the Japanese embassy.
- Applicant List. In case of a group visit, the business owner will provide a list of visa Applicants (When there are two or more applicants) to the embassy.
- Letter of guarantee. You have to provide a letter of guarantee to on the day of submission.
- Tax ID. The business owner must submit a valid Company tax clearance certificate for their Japanese Visa applications in Nigeria.
Japanese visa applications for tourist, visit or business visa in Nigeria could take up to two weeks. If further checks are required, processing time could take up to two months before your application is processed.
- Jamaican Visa for Nigeria(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Spain Visa For Nigeria(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Brazilian Visa for Nigeria(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Singapore Visa For Nigeria
Important notes on Japanese visa Applications in Nigeria.
- Applicant has to appear to submit their Japanese visa applications in Nigeria.
- Apply at least 2 weeks before departure date.
- Do not send your Japanese visa documents to the Embassy by post, email or fax.
- Embassy will not accept incomplete visa application.
- Submission of requirements does not guarantee issuance of Japanese visa in Nigeria. Consular issues a Japanese visa to an applicant when he/she meets Criteria of visa issuance.
- Examination will be initially processed by the submitted documents. However, the applicant may be required to submit additional documents if needed. If you do not submit the additional documents, the application cannot be processed any further.
- Documents submitted for application will not be returned except for passport and the document which cannot bere-issued (e.g. Certificate of Incorporation, Tax Clearance Certificate, Letter of Employment, Marriage Certificate, Birth certificate).
- Visa fees will be required for pick up time only. If a visa is not issued, no fees are required.
Japanese Visa Fee in Nigeria
The Japanese visa application fee is ¥3,000 (₦10,118.10). Visa application fees are nonrefundable.
Japan Embassy in Abuja
|Address||No.9 Bobo Street (off Gana Street),
This blog post is about Japan visa requirements for Nigerian citizens and how to apply for Japan visa application in Nigeria.