Trinidad and Tobago Visa Requirements in Nigeria
This article will explain how to apply for a visa to the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago and show you Trinidad and Tobago visa requirements in Nigeria.
The High Commission of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago in Abuja, Nigeria is accredited to Algeria, Cameroon, Cote D’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Republic of Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, United Republic of Tanzania and Uganda.
Tourist and Business Visa Requirements For Trinidad and Tobago
All applicants need to submit their applications in person at the consulate.
- Application Form. Two completed visa application forms (signed by the Applicant). Click here to download the Trinidad and Tobago Application Form.
- Photo. Two (2) recent passport size photographs (full face, no dark glasses)
- Travel document. Passport valid for at least six months for the duration of the intended stay in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Visa Fee. Non-refundable visa fee of Naira Four Thousand (N4,000.00)
- Bank statement. Current Financial Statement for the last three months before submission.
- Accommodation. A hotel reservation is essential for a tourist visit.
- Invitation. A formal letter of invitation with utility bills from a host in Trinidad and Tobago. The letter of invitation must include a document showing the person’s immigration status in Trinidad and Tobago if the person is not a national of Trinidad and Tobago. The invitation letter should also clearly state the name, address, and contact details of the person inviting the applicant. Note that informal e-mail invitation is not acceptable.
- Flight reservation. A travel/flight itinerary is mandatory for your visa application.
- Introduction Letter. A letter of introduction from the applicant’s employer which must be valid for three (3) months before the date of the visa application. If traveling on business, a letter from the applicant’s company detailing the purpose of visit, duration of stay and contact details of Company/Organization in Trinidad and Tobago is compulsory
- Payslip. Monthly Pay-slip valid for 3 months before application.
Study Visa To Trinidad and Tobago
Persons who wish to study in Trinidad and Tobago must apply for their study permit in person.
- Two (2) completed visa form (duly signed by the Applicant).
- Two recent colored passport photographs.
- Passport valid for at least six months for the duration of the intended stay in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Non-refundable visa fee of Four Thousand Naira (N4,000.00).
- Current Financial Statement from parent/sponsor(s) for the last three months before the date of application.
- Original copy of West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Senior School Certificate, GCE certificate, or University degree, whichever is applicable.
- A letter from the Ministry of Education of Nigeria stating that the degree is not available in Nigeria. This is ONLY applicable to students who wish to study at the University of Southern Trinidad.
- Letter of Acceptance from an educational institution in Trinidad and Tobago.
- Evidence of payment of Tuition Fees.
- Proof of sufficient funds to maintain yourself during the period of study.
- Travel/Flight Itinerary.
Additional Documents Required For Trinidad and Tobago Visa
Medical Practitioners. The original medical qualifications and registration certificate with the Medical and Dental Board of Nigeria are essential for Medical Practitioners visiting Trinidad and Tobago. The consulate may accept certified copies.
Business Registration Documents. Proof of business, i.e. registration document from the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria.
Kindly note that traveling salesmen with no established agents in Trinidad and Tobago require a license if they are entering for the purpose of receiving or soliciting orders.
Two (2) copies of all the compulsory documents must go with the originals. Print forms on both sides of the page.
Please note that applications should be submitted at least six (6) weeks prior to the date of intended departure.
Security Deposit. Payment of refundable SECURITY BOND DEPOSIT in the sum of Five Hundred and Sixty Thousand Naira (N560,000.00 per applicant). This is refundable after the visitor departs Trinidad and Tobago and returns to Nigeria. They process the refund within one week of the request. Only the applicant can request and collect a refund.
Please know that the Mission will give the applicant a letter of authorization to make the deposit of the SECURITY BOND at Diamond Bank. You will have to return the deposit slip to the Mission in exchange for the Mission’s receipt. The mission will need to see the original document if payment of the Security Bond Deposit was made in Trinidad and Tobago. They will not accept a photocopy. The Mission accepts Diamond Bank Drafts payable to ‘Trinidad and Tobago High Commission’.
Trinidad and Tobago High Commission (Consulate – Embassy) Nigeria
7 Casablanca Street
Off Nairobi/Aminu Kano Crescent
Wuse II, Abuja
Phone: +234 9 8702438, 4611118, 8702438, 08039607774
Fax: +234 9 4611117
Consular Hours: 10:00a.m. – 3:00p.m. (Monday to Friday, except Public Holidays).
If you need to apply through us, click here to follow us and contact us on Instagram.
You may also like: Jamaica visa for Nigeria