Nigeria Visa Requirements for U.S. Citizens – How To Apply On Arrival
Nigeria Visa Requirements For U.S. Citizens. For Nigeria visa requirements for other countries, visit here . In this article, we will show you visa requirements for U.S. citizens traveling to Nigeria. After that, we will discuss how to apply for a Nigerian visa on arrival from the United States of America.
It is very important to know the Nigerian visa requirements before you attempt to apply online. So, as a United States Citizens what are the requirements you need to know before applying for a Nigeria Visa on arrival?
Required Documents For Nigeria Visa On Arrival
Here are the required documents for Nigeria visa on arrival:
- Self Introduction Letter. You need to write a letter introducing yourself and what you intend to do in Nigeria.
- Biometrics fee of $90. A compulsory fee for biometric is charged online for your Nigerian visa application.
- Transaction Charge of $20. This charge goes to the Nigeria Immigration Service.
- Business registration document. You need to get a copy of this document from your host in Nigeria (for a business visit). We can assist with this if you apply through us.
- Passport photograph. Your passport must be a recent one and in white background.
- Valid Credit card for payment. A card is compulsory to complete your online application for a Nigeria visa.
- Flight reservation. You must get a flight reservation for the purpose of your application.
- Proof of accommodation. A reservation or hotel voucher would need to go with your application. This requirement is optional.
- Visa fee. The visa fee is US$160 for US citizens applying for a Nigeria visa.
- Passport. Your passport must valid for at least 6 months.
- Invitation. An invitation letter from a host or company in Nigeria accepting immigration responsibilities and requesting for approval on your behalf.
- Polio and Yellow Fever Card. You need to come with your yellow fever card when traveling to Nigeria. Check the U.S. Department of State on how to get one.
You need to upload all the requirements online. So, the process is different from the regular Nigerian visa application made at the Nigerian Embassy in the United States of America. The process saves you time and stress of getting an appointment and documents for a Nigerian visa.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A NIGERIA VISA FROM THE UNITED STATES
Here is the process on how to apply for a Nigeria visa from the United States.
- Visit the Nigeria Immigration Service portal
- Go to “How To Apply” and scroll down to step 1 on the page and click on “complete the online application form here…”
- Click on the “Visa On Arrival” tab
- Select “Apply for Entry Visa on Arrival Program“
- On the next page, select Your United States of America
- Select Visa Type (some African countries are allowed to apply for tourist and business visas)
- Read the instruction and click on “START APPLICATION”
- On the next page, you need to log in using Google, OpenID, or Yahoo.
- On the next page, you must read the VOAP Guidelines to continue
- Acknowledge the “Data Protection Policy” and fill in your application.
WHAT IS NIGERIA VISA ON ARRIVAL
Nigeria visa on arrival is a short visit sticker stamp issued to foreign nationals/investors at any international airport in Nigeria.
Firstly, you will receive electronic approval to come to Nigeria so that a 30day Nigerian visa can be issued to you at the port of entry. This facility is available to frequent travelers, investors, businessmen, and intending visitors. Because some countries do not have Nigerian Embassies in their home country so they use this facility to apply for a Nigeria visa on arrival.
Need to process a Nigeria visa on arrival but have issues with documentation? Or you have made payment and need us to get approval for your Nigerian visa application? Click here to contact us or chat us now on Whatsapp +2349097024697.
HOW TO PAY FOR NIGERIA VISA ON ARRIVAL FROM THE U.S.
To make a payment, visit their portal (innovate 1). Login using your preferred method, e.g google, etc. It takes you to your dashboard where you will need to proceed with your application by clicking on the Proceed button. After successful payment, you will receive a mail acknowledging your payment. Please ensure you use a valid email address for correspondence.
See below samples of payment confirmation email by Innovate1, acknowledging for Nigerian-visa on arrival payment.
Typically, you get a confirmation email from Innovate1 confirming the successful submission of your application. Below is a sample of how it looks like.
GETTING APPROVAL FOR NIGERIA VISA FROM THE UNITED STATES
When your Nigerian visa application passes the final vetting, Nigeria Immigration Service sends an approval letter to your registered email. When they receive your payment, you get a confirmation email, as shown above. However, the payment confirmation does not give you access to Nigeria as an approval letter is required. So, you must wait for your approval after successful payments.
With your approval letter from the Nigeria Immigration Service, airlines can legally board you so that you can get a Nigerian visa when you arrive in Nigeria. In addition to the approval letter, you must show your acknowledgment slip and receipt issued when you made the payments online. You can always find your acknowledgment slip and payment receipt on your dashboard at the NIS portal. To find your slips and receipts, just log in with your credentials, go to the “Reports” tab and click on “Payment History“.
Below is a sample of an approval letter for a Nigerian-visa visa on arrival.
Receiving Your Visa at Port of Entry
The Nigeria visa is issued at the port of entry in Nigeria. Upon arrival at the port of entry, proceed to the Visa on Arrival Desk for issuance of entry Visa. Present your Visa on arrival approval letter, yellow fever card, passport, and evidence of payment for onward issuance of an entry visa. After the issuance of the visa, proceed to Immigration and other border control agencies for clearance and to reconfirm if you really meet the Nigeria visa requirements for U.S. citizens.
Please take note that a Nigerian visa on arrival is not valid for employment or resident permit.
After meeting the Nigeria visa requirements for U.S. citizens, you may still get rejection after payment for a Nigerian visa application. In fact, payment confirmation from Innovate1 does not give you access to Nigeria. See below a refusal notice.
Nigeria Visa On Arrival System
The Nigerian visa on arrival policy has improved the ease of doing business in Nigeria, and it is now applicable to all countries of the world.
This online Visa on Arrival system is also a product of ongoing visa reforms to bring Nigeria to the standard practices. This process eliminates unnecessary bureaucratic visa processing procedures in Nigerian Missions abroad.
Instead of applying for a visa from the embassy, a foreigner can send an electronic application to the Nigerian Immigration Service attaching his valid passport, point of entry, the purpose of visit, and the certificate of incorporation of his business partners.
NIGERIA VISA ON ARRIVAL EXTENSION / UPGRADE
The plans to upgrade the visa on arrival service to include biometric solutions at all Nigerian International Airports have been successful due to the biometric fee introduced online. The biometric service is intended to allow the government to securely link a person to a single identity and provide clear evidence of the holder’s immigration status. You can extend your Nigeria visa on arrival for another 30 days for a fee.
Nationals of the countries listed below can travel to Nigeria without a visa.
- Benin republic
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Guinea Bissau
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Sierra Leone
This post is about how to apply for Nigerian visa on arrival and Nigeria visa requirements for U.S. citizens.