Northern Cyprus Visa Requirements For Nigerian Citizens – How To Apply
Northern Cyprus visa requirements for Nigerian citizens and how to apply for the Northern Cyprus visa in Nigeria will be discussed in this post. North Cyprus is different from Southern Cyprus. Click here for a Southern Cyprus visa. Northern Cyprus embassy is in Abuja while the Southern Cyprus consulate is in Lagos.
The country is known as the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC), and it is a de facto state that comprises the northeastern portion of the island of Cyprus. Recognized only by Turkey, Northern Cyprus is considered by the international community to be part of the Republic of Cyprus.
Due to the Coronavirus, they may require a PCR test at the port of entry
Before we show you how to apply for a North Cyprus visa in Nigeria, let’s outline the type of visa.
Types of Visa
- Northern Cyprus Visit visa
- Northern Cyprus Business visa
- Student visa
- Medical visa
There is a general list of North Cyprus visa requirements for Nigerian citizens. We will highlight the requirement and explain each visa type in separate sections and additional documents required for each.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR NORTHERN CYPRUS VISA
- Biometric Photo
- Documents attesting to the income status of the applicant and inviting person
- Flight Reservation
- Hotel Booking or Invitation
- Supporting document on the applicant’s commitment to return (Land registry, business certificate, salary table, bank account statement)
- Marriage certificate (If married, original must be presented for sighting)
- The Visa fee is about $125 (visa and insurance fees in cash).
The processing time takes 2 to 3 weeks after submission. After gathering the required documents for a North Cyprus visa in Nigeria, the next thing is how-to-apply for the North Cyprus visa in Nigeria.
How to Apply For Northern Cyprus Visa in Nigeria
After meeting the required documents for the North Cyprus visa, the next step is the application process. Here is how you can do that:
- Visit Northern Cyprus Immigration Site. To submit your application, you need to do so online on the Northern Cyprus immigration website.
- Click on Visa Pre-application. The visa pre-application takes you to an online form where you can enter your details.
- Enter Your Details. Ensure you enter correctly your details. You have a total of five sections to fill. Your Nationality and Visa Details, Personal Information, Contact Information, Travel Information, and Required Documents.
- Upload Required Documents. You will need to upload your supporting documents like a bank statement and investment document, passport photograph, hotel and flight reservations, invitation letter (if applicable), and introduction letter.
- Book Appointment. Once you are done uploading, the next step is appointment booking. You must download a copy of your application before booking an appointment.
- Download and Print Out Application. Print out a copy of your appointment, visa application, and add to the North Cyprus visa requirements for Nigerian citizens.
The appointment is booked on the same portal. You need to choose a convenient date for your appointment and time. The submission is in Abuja.
You must present uploaded documents, letters from your company, and other relevant supporting documents, including the original of your marriage certificate (if married).
Submission is not done at the embassy. The embassy has assigned a third party for the collection of visa applications and visa fees. Insurance is compulsory and it must be paid together with your visa fee in dollars.
NORTHERN CYPRUS VISIT VISA
Northern Cyprus visit visa is a type of visa that allows you to visit the country on visit and tourist purposes. It does not permit you to work in Northern Cyprus. It either comes in multiple or single entries and it is not a Schengen visa.
The Northern Cyprus Embassy determines the visa validity and considers a few factors before their final decision. Your recent travel histories to other Schengen countries, United States, United Kingdom, and China give you an edge but not compulsory. If there is no travel history, your financial status, place of work or type of business, investments/property documents, and other strong ties in Nigeria will determine your chances.
First-timers get a single entry visa at the first attempt.
Northern Cyprus Business Visa
Northern Cyprus Business Visa is for those traveling to Northern Cyprus for business purposes. This type of visa does not allow you to work in Northern Cyprus. In addition to the North Cyprus visa requirements for Nigeria above, you need to request an invitation letter from your business partner in Northern Cyprus.
Northern Cyprus Student Visa
Northern Cyprus student visa application is for applicants who have admission to Northern Cyprus schools. In addition to the Northern Cyprus visa requirements for Nigeria above, acceptance letter, evidence of payment of school fees and examination must be part of your supporting documents. If you need us to process admission for you, kindly click here to contact us now.
Northern Cyprus Medical Visa
Northern Cyprus Medical visa is for people seeking to receive medical treatments in Northern Cyprus. The consular determines the visa validity, depending on the length and type of treatment.
Your appointment must come from registered hospitals in Northern Cyprus. You get to see a list of hospitals you can apply for on their portal. If you cannot find your hospital, it means you need to apply for another type of visa to enable you to receive the treatment you need.
In conclusion, now you know how to apply for North Cyprus visa in Nigeria, here are their contact details for reference and your letters.
Northern Cyprus Embassy Contact Details
The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus,
Plot 333, Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District,
Fax: 00 234-9 413 94 57
You may also like: