Yellow Fever Vaccination – How To Apply in Nigeria
In this article, we will show you how to apply for Yellow Fever card (Yellow Fever Vaccination Card) from Nigeria. The Federal Government of Nigeria plans to phase out the old version of Yellow fever Card and replace it with the new e-Yellow fever Card effective July 1, 2019.
A traveller with a valid Yellow fever Card shows proof of vaccination against yellow fever, which is a requirement for international travellers. The recent coronavirus (Covid19) may require every applicant to show proof or Vaccination.
The introduction of the new e-Yellow fever Card is to check fake yellow fever card which is now common. We still find fake yellow fever cards around despite this check.
Yellow fever vaccine is a vaccine that protects against yellow fever. This viral infection occurs in Africa and South America. You start to develop immunity within ten days and 99 percent are protected within one month if vaccinated. So you must be vaccinated at least 10 days to your travel.
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends routine immunization in all countries where the disease is common.
HOW TO APPLY FOR YELLOW FEVER CARD ONLINE
It is advisable to know how to apply for yellow fever card online in order to avoid unnecessary pressure and time at the centre. The yellow fever card costs N2000 and available online via card payment on the officail website. Now let me show you how to get your yellow fever vaccination card online.
Here is the steps on how to apply for yellow fever card online:
- Visit the official website at http://www.yellowcardnigeria.com or www.yellowcard.health.gov.ng
- Click on “Register”
- Fill in your personal information correctly before submitting.
- Click on the Payment button, generate your Remita Retrival Receipt (RRR) code and pay the sum of N2,000 online (or go to the bank). You can choose to pay later and print out the confirmation to be taken to the centre for further processing.
- Finally, take the payment receipt along with a scanned copy of your international passport data page to any Port Health Services Office to get vaccinated and obtain the yellow card. In Lagos, visit the Port health at the International airport or Apapa Port.
NOTE: For kids less than 10 years, they do not need this type of yellow cards. All they need is their immunization card.
It is imperative to note that Italy now requires all travellers from Nigeria to get their yellow card and get their opv.
HOW TO IDENTIFY FAKE YELLOW FEVER VACCINATION CARD
People now make yellow fever vaccination card in the street and involve in producing fake yellow fever card at a very affordable price. Prices range from N1,000 to N3,000 for instant use.
Some obtain fake yellow fever card by proxy while some get valid cards by proxy as well.
Now, how do you spot fake yellow fever vaccination card? You can never tell if you see one until you login the details online to check its authenticity.
Here is how you can check for yellow fever card online:
- Visit https://yellowcardnigeria.com/
- Enter your Yellow Card Number found at the bottom of your card (usually starts with an alphabet)
- Enter your International passport number
- Click on the search button.
Once you click on the search button, it takes you to your dashboard where you see your details. Right on the dashboard, you can see your surname, other names and other details like phone number, email address, date of birth etc.
So, be careful when making that deal. Ensure you have a valid yellow fever card to avoid delay or repatriation at the airport.